Criteria for Registration
ACCW “Licence to Care Practice”
The Australian College of Care Workers (ACCW) is a National Registration and Association that has been established for individuals working in aged care, mental health, disability, community services and other care related facilities to benefit its members and the public.
- National Registration Board for Care Workers.
- ACCW ‘Licence to Care Practice’: a digital licence with identification; the currency of work credentials supported and reinforced by Government.
- Support negative licencing to unqualified and unscrupulous Care Workers.
- Be deemed competent in the minimum Certificate III level qualifications or higher qualification.
- Undertake Continuous Professional development programs for Care Workers to access to maintain annual registration with a minimum of 20 hours CPD.
- Members will abide by the Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics for Care Workers must be familiar and adhere to the Code of Code.
- Support the National Code of Health Care Workers, Code of Conduct for Unregistered Health Practitioners and voluntary industry code of practice.
- Meet guidelines, policies and standards of Professional Indemnity Insurance; Recency of Practice; Criminal History; English Language Skills; Complaints Handling and Compliance; Notification; Privacy and Information Technology policy.
- Limit registration in the event of complaints and lack of competence in work performance.
- Set and approve ongoing education points to meet annual registration requirements.
- Set annual registration fees and offer a payment plan.
- Members Register available to employers.
- Registration based on appropriate IDs
- Australian Birth Certificate / or other country Birth Certificate (translated to English)
- Australian Citizenship Certificate
- Immi Card
- Drivers license
- Medicare Care
- Proof of visa status
- Working With Children Check
- Working With Vulnerable Persons Check
- Police check
- Statutory Declaration
- Tax File Number
- Recent Passport size photo (preferably 6 months or newer)
- Credentialing of Care Worker Qualifications