Dr Janet Lawrence is a Registered Nurse and a Fellow of the Australian College of Nursing (formerly known as the Royal College of Nursing) since 1987. Over 40 years she has gained both national and international experience in nursing and has obtained further qualifications in her field of expertise – aged care and education.
From her experiences in Nursing, she developed a passion for raising the Standards of Care in Aged Care. She dedicated her professional career at a very early age between acute nursing and aged care nursing, ensuring that the elderly in care are treated with respect, dignity, given choices and receive safe care. Through her passion and interest in aged care she worked as:
A Director of Nursing
External Quality Assessor
Director and Secretary for Professional Development Consultants
Clinical Care Coordinator
Member of the Commonwealth Administrator and Adviser Panel – Department of Health and Ageing / Department of Social Services
Board member for a not-for-profit Aged Care Organisation – Footscray.
She is currently a CEO / Director of Studies delivering courses in the areas of Aged Care, Nursing, Mental Health, Disability, Community Services, Business and more. Furthermore, since 1996 she has been an Independent Aged Care Nurse Consultant, Nurse Educator and is also an Aged Care Expert Witness.
- Doctor of Education, Victoria University
- Master of Nursing (Gerontology)
- Graduate Diploma Health Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Gerontological Nursing
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Advanced Nursing) Major Nursing Administration
- Diploma of Business
- Diploma of Nursing Education
- Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
- Diploma of Training Development and Design